Cleaning and maintaining your grill isn’t just about appearances, but is necessary for proper maintenance. A clean grill is more sanitary and ensures that your grill will work the way you want it to.
- Spray the grill grate and inside of the chimney with an all-natural degreaser/cleaner
- Remove and clean both sides of the grill grates
- We recommend NOT using wire brushes, but rather using a cleaning cloth or heavy-duty paper towels
- Dispose of old foil or drip tray liners
- Remove the drip tray and the heat baffle
- Empty the pellets from the hopper
- Vacuum the inside of the grill, the firepot and the hopper thoroughly, making sure you collect as much residual sawdust as possible
- Scrub the inside of the chimney
- Again, we recommend not using wire brushes. Instead, use a cleaning cloth or heavy-duty paper towels
- Spray the inside and outside of the grill with the all-natural degreaser/ cleaner and allow to soak for several minutes before wiping clean with paper towel or cleaning cloth
- While we recommend our Traeger All Natural Cleaner, you may also use any non-chemical cleaner or a mixture of diluted dish soap, water and vinegar.
- Last, reinsert all components, including the heat baffle, drip tray liners/ foil, new bucket liners, and the grill grates, and you are set!
Once you’ve cleaned your grill you’re all set to get back to grilling all your favourites. Here’s a recipe for you to try on your freshly cleaned grill.