- Solid Perfect-Surface Silver (PSS)/Perfect-Surface Copper+ (PSC+) Conductors
- Optimized For Source Components
- Ground Noise-Dissipation Technology (US Patent # 9,373,439)
- ZERO: No Characteristic Impedance
- Dielectric-Bias System with Radio Frequency Noise Trap
- Directionally Controlled Conductors
Alternating Current (AC), is a far-from-perfect power source. AC power technology is well over a century old and was never designed to meet the exacting standards of today’s high resolution audio-video components. AC noise is present at the utility source, and is then exacerbated by radio frequency noise that is induced (picked up by the AC power cord) and coupled to the component power supplies and to circuit ground. This creates distortion and low-level signal losses via the “masking effect.” Most AC power cords and power conditioner-regenerators, though helpful to a point, are simply not up to the task.
Note: AudioQuest FireBird/Source AC power cable is not appropriate for use with AC power conditioners, power regenerators, AC isolation transformers, AC battery back-up devices, as well as any power amplifier, powered sub-woofer, powered loudspeaker, powered receiver, or integrated amplifier (whether tube, solid state or digital switching). These products will require greater RMS and transient current capacity. In extreme instances, they could suffer diminished performance and/or present an electrical danger by exceeding the AudioQuest Dragon/Source AC power cable’s maximum current capacity. For those applications, we highly recommend selecting the AudioQuest’s [b]FireBird/High-Current AC power cable[b].
- Ground-Noise Dissipation Technology
- Solid Perfect-Surface Silver (PSS) and Solid Perfect-Surface Copper+ (PSC+) Conductors
- Dielectric-Bias System with Radio Frequency Trap