The LX2-LPS is Musical Fidelity's new baby. A high quality flexible MM/MC phono stage with adjustable impedance and excellent technical performance. Housed in beautifully detailed and handsome metalwork it is the epitome of understated high class elegance.
We designed it for reference level listening so it is unerringly accurate and faithful to the input. Its purpose in life is to give you your music as its artists and producers intended: nothing more, and nothing less.
The critical elements of a phono stage are: accurate RIAA, low noise, low distortion, and overload margin.
- Musical Fidelity's RIAA correction is famous for its predictable and consistent accuracy. The LX2-LPS accuracy is ±0.25dB 20Hz-20kHZ, also it extends to 45kHz so there is no overshoot ringing.
- This results in absolutely clear high frequencies with no intermodulation or other distracting anomalies.
- The noise ratio on both MM (better than 82dB) and MC (better than 72dB) is outstanding and virtually inaudible at any volume setting. That is unless you are a half deaf head-banger.But then I don't expect that MF's refinement and subtly would be quite your thing!
- The LX LPS distortion is vanishingly low, typically less than 0.007% across the audio band.
- Overload margin is exemplary. Simply put, it is virtually impossible for any real world cartridge to overload it.
- As we all know nothing is perfect, but the LX2-LPS gets very near.