The TP-6.5 Series II Signature Phono Preamplifier is a major update and improvement to the TP-6.5 Signature Phono stage. Its upgrades include circuit enhancements originally developed for the acclaimed TL-7.5 Series III Reference Preamplifier, as well as newly designed, more robust power storage for the active MC stage.
The original TP-6.5 Phono preamplifier complemented the top of the line VTL TL-6.5 and TL7.5 Linestage Preamplifiers, matching them in sonic performance, user interface and cosmetics. The new TP-6.5II pushes the analog envelope even further, utilizing the latest innovations from VTL. The result is a phono stage that substantially improves upon the performance of its predecessor.
The phono stage employs hybrid JFET/tube circuitry for quiet operation, multiple low-noise cascaded regulators and shielded power supplies for increased dynamics, accurate 4-corner passive RIAA equalization and 68dB of gain from the balanced outputs, all in a single chassis unit. A wide selection of load and gain settings as well as other input functions are easily accessible via both front panel and remote control.
Specifications and Features:
- Vacuum Tube Complement: 2 x 12AU7 MC (MC Stage), 2 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7MM, 2 x 12AT7
Inputs: 2 pairs single-ended/RCA
- Outputs: 1 pair balanced out XLR out, 1 pair single-ended RCA out
- Remote control functions: Power, MC/MM Source Select, Gain up/down, Mute, Rumble, Load, Mono, Phase
- Maximum Gain:
- MC: 62dB single ended, 68dB balanced
- MM: 35dB single ended, 40dB balanced
- Output impedance: 150Ω
- Input impedance (Cartridge Load):
- Selectable MC: 100Ω, 250Ω, 470Ω, 1kΩ, 2.5kΩ, 4.7kΩ, 47kΩ, User Defined
- Selectable MM: 10kΩ, 22kΩ, 47kΩ, User Defined
- Frequency Response +0-1 dB: 1Hz – 100kHz
- Maximum Output Voltage <1% THD: 10 VRMS @ 1kHz (10kΩ load)
- Channel separation: >70dB @ 1kHz (>65dB @ 20kHz)
- Power consumption: 80 Watts
- Dimensions W x D x H: 17.5 x 17 x 4.75 inches (44.45 x 44.45 x 12.06 cm)
- Weight: 50lbs (22.72kg) Fully packed in one box